Hands On- History

     
     

The History of the Museum

     

The Old Grammar School building was built in 1583 in the Market Square .It's focus is on Victorian social history and the story of Hull and it's people.

     

Here is a picture of the Egyptian pots in the museum.

Here is a picture of the plaque outside the museum .

Around 1578, the building having fallen into rot, Alderman William Gee( who was thrice Mayor of Hull )opened a subscription for the purpose of repairing it. Nowadays the Grammar School focuses on two main things: Egyptians and school life through time Here is a picture of the museum itself.
     
 

 

BACK

NEXT

.